CanopyDeploy offers the Smart Run functionality from the Store, which makes it possible to do automated AB tests. In some situations you want to do this test from a campaign, for example to be able to start automatic follow-up actions. CanopyDeploy offers you the opportunity to replicate the Smart Run in a campaign.
The campaign should be build als following:
- Make use of a normal customer selection
- Use the 'Split Flow' object to split your selection and determine the Test set
- The 'Timer' object determines how long to wait before determining the winner
- The 'Apply Condition' object uses Analytics data to determine the winner
Use the 'Split Flow' object to split your selection and determine the Sample size.
- Open the 'Split Flow' object configuration (double click)
- Select 'Split by means of percentage'
- Create three rows; two Test sets and a Winner
- Per Test set you specify the percentage, what percentage of the customer selection this
- The remaining percentage is for the Winner
The 'Apply Condition' object uses Analytics data to determine the winner.
- Open the 'Apply Condition' object configuration (double click)
- In Field, select the value you want to use to determine the winner.
The 'Apply condition' gives the possibility to make choices based on Deploy Analytics data. This means that you can use, for example, the number of opens, clicks, bounces, or your CTO/CTR within campaigns. In the example on the right we use the Confirmed Open Rate; you will find this under:
Analytics > Email a > Canopydeploy > Sending > Analytics_email > Confirmed open rate
For the most accurate results, always use a data source under 'Analytics_email'
Condition - Is greater than
Context value - System
- For Value, select the same value you chose for Field, but this time from the second email. In this example that is:
Analytics > Email b > Canopydeploy > Sending > Analytics_email > Confirmed open rate
If Email A has a larger Confirmed Open Rate than Email B, there is an 'agreement', and the 'By Agreement' link is followed. If B has a greater OR than A, there is an 'error', and the 'On Error' link is followed. With these links you refer back to Email A and B in the campaign; this is the path the winners follow